Loaded Gourmet Nachos
Look guys, i’m not going to lie to you, i already know what most of you are thinking. “ Are you really sharing a nacho recipe? Nachos are a no-brainer”, and while yes, nachos can be customized to your own liking, there IS an art to nachos.
Have you ever had a bite out of a nacho chip that just sang to you? You know what i mean, just kind of made sense. you have no idea what i’m talking about, it’s possible you havent yet mastered the art of the nacho. I may be overthinking this but I have a pretty strong belief that every bite of nacho deserves to have the same depth, flavor and experience as the other. Why should you have to just accept that some chips are going to be loaded with love and others are just going to be a bit, well, sad…? I’ve figured it out. Here are a few simple tricks i’ve learned to build the most delicious bowl of nachos.
Give this recipe a try! Leave your feedback and some love. If you make this recipe and post it on social media, use the hashtag #HHrecipe
1) Use a large shallow, flat vehicle to hold all of your chips. My favorite? a baking sheet.
2) Spread the chips flat so that they overlap a tad, but dont cover each other.
3) Start building with the heavy ingredients first.
4) Use shredded cabbage. Just trust.
5) leftover chili makes the best meat topping. If you hadnt already made it and have left overs, use this excuse to make it and have not one, but TWO phenomenal meals- nachos & chili.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
1. Tortilla chips
2. 2 cups shredded white cabbage
3. 2 cups Pineapple Chili ( or any chili you have on hand or like best)
4. Pickled jalapeños to taste
5. 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
6. 1/2 cup chopped olives
7. 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
8. 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
9. 3/4 cup Avocado Crema
1. Lay as many tortilla chips as you’d like on a baking sheet and ensure that while they overlap slightly, they are mostly uncovered and flat ready for the heaps of toppings.
2. Saute the shredded cabbage in a pan with olive oil until wilted. You can salt and pepper the cabbage for taste and sprinkle over the tortilla chips, evenly coating the chips.
3. Spoon chili overtop the cabbage covered chips, evenly.
4. lay jalapeños, tomatoes and olives overtop the chili, ensuring even coat.
5. Thoroughly coat the tops the nachos with both shredded cheese & blue cheese- place in the oven under the broiler (on high) for 4-5 minutes, rotating the pan to ensure even crispy bits.
6. Place avocado crema in a piping bag, or a zip lock bag and pipe over the top of the nacho pile and enjoy!