Healthy Caramelized Buffalo Wings
Eating wings is a euphoric feeling- the sauce and the fall off the bone meat. No man can deny it- in fact it’s a part of our animalistic ancestry. Why not make it healthy so you can feel good about what you’re eating?
Have you ever wanted to get super, duper messy with a massive bowl of wings? Ever crave that saucy mess? Ever feel guilty afterwards because wings are so dang bad for you? Well, here’s a recipe for, arguably, the tastiest and healthiest wing you’ve ever had. When i [accidentally] made this recipe i was actually, thoroughly impressed with myself for nailing such an accidental success. I couldn’t not share this recipe with you all, it’s too good to have all to myself.
Give this recipe a try! Leave your feedback and some love. If you make this recipe and post it on social media, use the hashtag #HHrecipe
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: about 3 adult servings
1. about 30 chicken wings around 6 pounds
2. 2 sticks of cinnamon
3. 1 whole medium onion
4. 3/5 cup of your favorite brand of buffalo wing sauce ( I use Frank’s Red Hot)
5. 3 tbsps of melted butter
6. 1 clove of crushed garlic
7. 1 tsp black pepper
8. 1/4 cup chopped scallion
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Rinse the chicken wings in water and put in a pot of boiling water.
3. Allow the chicken to come to one full boil in pot and then add sticks of cinnamon and whole onion into the pot, lower the temperature of the stove to a medium-low, and allow the pot to simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Remove chicken from pot after 15 minutes of boil, drain water & pat dry. Set aside onion you boiled in pot.
5. While chicken cools, pour buffalo sauce, the boiled onion you set aside, the butter, garlic, and black pepper in food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
6. Toss the chicken in the sauce you made and lay flat on a parchment lined baking sheet
7. Oven roast chicken wings for 30 minutes and finish with 2 minutes on broil to create a light crisp.
8. Top the chicken wings with scallions and serve warm.