Satisfying Dark Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so why not have an indulgent yet healthy, dessert-like meal to fill you up and satisfy that chocolate craving?
Chia seeds are a tiny little seeds that are crunchy and delicious when added to a dish as a topping. You can often find these sprinkled over yogurts for breakfast or even on salads. The real chia magic happens though, when these seeds are soaked in something delicious. These little dudettes expand and soak it all up. They leave you with a smooth pudding with a slightly crunchy texture. The great thing about chia seeds is the amount of nutrients they pack. For little guys, they sure are powerful.
Get this- A one-ounce (28 grams) serving of chia seeds contains:
Fiber: 11 grams.
Protein: 4 grams.
Fat: 9 grams (5 of which are omega-3s).
Calcium: 18% of the recommended daily intake
Manganese: 30% of the recommended daily intake
Magnesium: 30% of the recommended daily intake
Phosphorus: 27% of the recommended daily intake
***source- healthline.com (11 Proven Health Benefits of Chia Seeds)
This pudding is actually the easiest thing you can put together. The most amazing thing about this recipe is that you quickly throw it together and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight. It’s perfectly creamy and pudding-y in the morning. No. Effort. Needed.
One thing i did want to note is that you can substitute any type of milk you like in this recipe. I happen to prefer whole milk, but almond milk, oat milk or coconut milk all work great!
You can top this pudding with anything your heart desires. I always switch it up, but my favorite combination is strawberries and pistachios. There’s just something about chocolate, strawberry and pistachio that make my heart sing. I love this for meal prep. It’s perfect for on the go breakfasts or even…. DESSERT! If you’re trying to satisfy that sweet tooth but still want to load up on healthy stuff, give this recipe a try! I promise you wont be disappointed!
Give this recipe a try! Share your comments and some love. If you make this recipe and share it on social media, tag it with the hashtag #hungrilyhomemaderecipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Set Time: 5-10 hours or overnight
Yield: 3 large servings
1. 2 1/2 cup whole milk (choose any milk you like)
2. 3 tbsp maple syrup or honey
3. 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
4. 5 tbsp cocoa powder
4. 1/2 cup chia seeds
5. fruits and nuts of your choice for topping
1. In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together your milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract and cocoa powder until the maple syrup has dissolved and the cocoa powder has mixed into the wet ingredients.
2. Add your chia seeds and whisk well. Let sit for one minute after whisking and then whisk once more. This will ensure you do not have any clumps the next day.
3. Transfer to an airtight container or jar and refrigerate for 5-10 hours or overnight. Top your chia seeds pudding with the fruit and nuts of your choice the next day!