Heavenly Cherry Tomato and Fresh Basil Cod
Who wants to pull a restaurant quality meal together in under 15 minutes?
I want to start this off by talking about how much i love meals that take absolutely no time to put together but look and taste complex. I’m all about that WOW factor with minimal prep and cook time.
Also, were you aware how unbelievably succulent and delicious Cod is? It’s totally my go to fish to cook. Don’t get me wrong, i love a good, well cooked Salmon, but man oh man can Salmon be done wrong. Who here has had rubbery, dry Salmon? Raise your hand. I sure have. Who here has had nasty, dry Cod? I’ll wait….
No really, It’s super hard to mess up cod. The fish is just so naturally flaky and juicy that when it’s cooked right (even cooked wrong), it turns out wonderfully. Additionally, what i love about Cod is that it’s a blank slate. A flaky and juicy blank slate. It doesn’t have a strong, overpowering fishy taste. That’s why cooking it simply is so easy. You just need a few ingredients that are high quality and delicious and the fish absorbs it all! No joke, this recipe requires 5 ingredients and about 10 minutes. That. is. it. You might think i’m exaggerating or lying but i’m serious that this will become your go to weeknight meal. I always keep packages of Cod in my freezer for this specific recipe. I thaw it in the refrigerator or in cold water, slowly and pull this impressive meal out in close to 10 minutes. I know you wont be disappointed!
P.S. my toddler loves this recipe as much as we do (if not more)
Give this recipe a try! Share your comments and some love. If you make this recipe and share it on social media, tag it with the hashtag #hungrilyhomemaderecipe
Total Time: 12 minutes
Yield: 2-4 adult servings
1. 2 tbsp olive oil
2. 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
3. 1 cup white wine
4. 4 fillets of Cod
5. 1/4 cup basil, torn
6. Salt & black pepper to taste
7. Squeeze of lemon to finish
1. Heat a large skillet on the stove over medium-high heat. Add your olive oil and allow to heat for 30 seconds before adding your cherry tomatoes to the pan. Do not slice the tomatoes before adding them to the pan. The searing hot pan and oil will eventually pop the tomatoes open. Cook for 5 minutes allowing the outsides to brown and the insides to open and seep out tomato juice.
2. Add your Cod fillets to the pan and allow the tomato juices to tenderize the fish for 1 minute.
3. After cooking the fish in the pan with the tomato for 1 minute, add your white wine and your shredded basil. Cover with the lid and allow the wine to cook down, removing the alcohol content. The sauce will cook into the fish.
4. Remove lid, season the fish generously with salt & black pepper. Cover the pan with the lid and let finish for 1 more minute under the heat.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and serve with your favorite side. I serve with tortellini or spaghetti. Enjoy with heap fulls of tomatoey, basil white wine sauce all over the fish and your spaghetti!