Classic Fried Rice
You can’t beat a good fried rice. The thing i love the most about fried rice is that i can almost 100% guarantee that i’ll be eating fried rice if i just make A LITTLE more jasmine rice than needed for a meal i’m cooking. It was a mistake… oops…
I’m going to keep this easy and simple, just like this fried rice. Classic, easy, simple and so delicious. When i’m not in the mood to cook something, i scour my fridge for that left over jasmine rice that i (for some crazy reason) always happen to have in a tupperware. Hmm… i wonder how that happened ;)
Cold, day or two old rice is the best for fried rice because it doesn’t get mushy and it crisps up well. You want to make sure that when you prepare your rice, you pull it directly out of the fridge and into a hot pan with coconut oil. No need to heat your rice up first or let it set to room temperature. That defeats the purpose. How much easier does it get? Also, you can use some fresh veggies for this dish or you can just do what everyone does and pull out a bag of frozen veggies and throw that in there. Easy, peasy. Told you so.
This version only has 5 ingredients and whips up in less than 10 minutes. Coconut oil, rice, soy sauce, frozen veggies, ground white pepper. Done. All staples in my house!
Give this recipe a try! Share your comments and some love. If you make this recipe and share it on social media, tag it with the hashtag #hungrilyhomemaderecipe
Total Time: 6-8 minutes
Yield: 3 adult servings
1. 2 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
2. 3 cups cold, cooked jasmine rice
3. 1 cup frozen veggie medley
4. 2 tbsp soy sauce
5. 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
1. Heat up a large skillet with your coconut oil. Add you frozen veggies and sauté until the color changes and they soften up, appearing no longer frozen.
2. Directly from your fridge, add your cold jasmine rice into your skillet and sauté with your veggies for 2-3 minutes or until you notice crisped rice on the bottom. Stir constantly to ensure the rice doesn’t stick.
2. Add your soy sauce and stir for another 2 minutes. At the end, finish with your ground white pepper and stir once more before serving hot. Sprinkle with diced green onions on top, if desired!