Caramelized Oven Roasted Cauliflower & Carrots
On most days, we try our best to eat healthy, and on most days, i try my best to do minimal cumbersome work in the kitchen so that i can enjoy it with my family. I’ve found that sometimes with healthy eating, less is more.
That’s why i love this incredibly easy, delicious and super versatile recipe for oven roasted Cauliflower & Carrots. Honestly, i make so much of this because it’s such a great addition to so many other dishes or even eaten alone as a side dish. The best part of this entire meal is that it’s a one-pan, no mess dish that you can feed to toddlers, teenagers and adults alike. My favorite rendition of this dish is a version where i drizzle my speciality lemon and garlic tahini sauce all over these when they come out of the oven. It becomes sticky and sweet from the tahini with a hint of garlic. Yum. Yum. Yum.
Give this recipe a try! Share your comments and some love. If you make this recipe and share it on social media, tag it with the hashtag #hungrilyhomemaderecipe
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 4-5 servings
1. 1 head of cauliflower
2. 1 bag of peeled baby carrots
3. 1/2 cup coconut oil
4. 1 tbsp salt
5. 1 tbsp pepper
6. 1 tsp red pepper flakes
1. Preheat your oven to 420 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Chop your cauliflower into medium sized florets and lay on a parchment lined baking sheet. Add the whole bag of baby carrots and mix the carrots and cauliflower together. Ensure that the baking sheet is large enough that there is not too much overlap in the veggies ( a little overlap is okay!)
3. If your coconut oil is melted, drizzle over your veggies and give them a toss with tongs to ensure they’re all fully coated with coconut oil. If your coconut oil is solidified, place spoonfuls of the solidified coconut oil evenly over the veggies (you will need to toss the veggies with some tongs after you place them in the oven for a few minutes to ensure fully coated veggies. )
4. Sprinkle your salt, pepper and red pepper flakes over the veggies and give one more toss.
5. Place in the oven to bake for 45 minutes. You will need to toss the veggies or shake the tray around every 25 minutes to give all surfaces of the veggies a chance to touch the bottom of the pan. This is what will create the caramelization.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving!