Breakfast Pancake Casserole
I don’t know a single person who doesn’t like pancakes. They’re just fluffy and soak up anything they come in contact with.
So here’s the thing about me, i’m kind of out of control when it comes to hosting people over to eat. There’s something in me that HAS to share food with people. Especially in the form of me personally feeding them and shoveling loads of food on their plate. So throughout my time hosting, i’ve learned that it’s okay to find a dish that’s easy yet delicious. That’s exactly how this dish was born. I was hosting my in-laws and some friends over for breakfast and i realized i didn’t want to make single pancakes because 1) it’s a bit time consuming and 2) it’s pretty ordinary. I wanted something different! So i found an incredible recipe by The Girl Inspired for German Oven Pancakes. My gosh were they delicious, but i had to “Rania-ify” it. Which i’ve definitely done in this recipe.
This recipe takes 5 minutes to prepare and 30 minutes of baking time. It’s SO simple. You basically mix all of your ingredients together in a bowl, preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, stick your butter in the pan and put the pan in the oven while it preheats to melt the butter. Once the oven has preheated and your butter has melted, pour your batter into the pan. Listen to the sizzle, close it up and let magic happen for 30 minutes. You’re going to be wow-ed by what the dish looks like while it’s baking. It puffs up like a balloon and looks majestic. You may even think, this thing is too beautiful to eat, but alas, it gets eaten! When you remove your pan from the oven, the pancake casserole deflates leaving you with the most beautiful indentations and curvatures you have ever seen. Top it with pistachios and coconut flakes, some powdered sugar if you like and TA-DA!
Give this recipe a try! Share your comments and some love. If you make this recipe and share it on social media, tag it with the hashtag #hungrilyhomemaderecipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Bake time: 30 minutes
Yield: 9 servings
1. 6 tbsp butter
2. 2 cups milk
3. 4 eggs
4. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5. 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
6. 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
7. 1 tbsp orange blossom water
8. 1 cup blueberries
9. 1/4 cup crushed pistachios
10. 3 tbsp coconut flakes
11. powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. While your oven is preheating, put your butter into a deep glass casserole dish and put the dish into the oven. The butter should melt while the oven is preheating.
3. As your butter melts and your oven preheats, mix together, in a medium sized mixing bowl or a food processor, your milk, eggs, vanilla, flour, sugar and orange blossom water. Process until well combined.
4. Remove your batter from the food processor and in a medium mixing bowl add the blueberries to your batter and give a stir to combine.
5. Once your oven has preheated and the butter has melted, slide your glass baking dish out and pour in your batter. You will hear a sizzle as the batter hits the hot pan with the butter. Return the dish to the oven and let bake for 30 minutes. You will notice the casserole begin to swell up as it bakes. Once you remove it, it will deflate.
6. Remove your pancake from the oven and sprinkle with the coconut and pistachio while it is still hot. Top with a dusting of powdered sugar if you desire. Serve with quality maple syrup and enjoy!